Advertising Campaigns-Dove

As a Journalism Major with an emphasis in Public Relations I'm all about a good campaign. While in my Mass Communication class the other week I was shown a video created by Dove campaigning for "Real Beauty Workshops for Girls."

Here's the video:



I found this very intriguing. The "Evolution" video has well over 3,500,000 hits on YouTube and I feel sends a strong message to all women, especially young teens. They get a chance to see this average looking women who is not stick thin being transformed into this supermodel with flawless skin posted up on a billboard. It makes them realize that very few people in this world really look that good without ANY help. It gives a new outlook to women who's idea of beauty is completely skewed.

The "Evolution" video was only one of many advertised by Dove including a "Pro-age Campaign" and an "Onslaught Campaign" in which I will include the video for that at the bottom of this post. Dove's Beauty Campaign may be one of the most influential and successful viral campaigns we have seen in a long time.


Dove "Onslaught" video

No comments:

Post a Comment